Skip to main content

Single Person Discount

Use this form to apply for or cancel a Single Person Discount.

Please note that you are only entitled to a Single Person Discount if you are living in the property and it is your sole or main residence. If the property is unoccupied you are not eligible for a discount.

Use this form to tell us if:

- you have always lived alone

- someone has moved in with you

- all other people in your home have moved out

- someone has passed away and you now live alone

You will need to provide the Council Tax reference to complete this form. Providing all the information needed will help us complete the process quickly.

Data Protection

BCP Council is regulated by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018 and will manage the personal information collected on this form for the purposes of delivering its services to you.

Your information may be shared internally and with external partners purely for these purposes and will not be shared with any other organisations unless required to do so by law or for the purposes of prevention and detection of crime and/or fraud. We may contact you using the details you provide, in connection with this form and the information you supply.

Your personal information will only be retained for as long as is necessary and you may request a copy of the information we hold about you.